Chocolate Crinkles are a holiday treat, but I like to have them at any time of the year. There are a lot of versions of this crinkle cookies (with coconut, lemon, white chocolate …) and I an bringing you a recipe for the classic ones, with chocolate.
It is better that you prepare the dough for this irresistible chocolate cookies the day before and leave them in the fridge overnight. Then the crinkles will crack better. But if you don’t have that much time, 3 hours in the fridge is enough.
Chocolate Crinkles can be soft after baking, but they will get firm during the cooling process.
Ingredients for biscuits Crinkles with chocolate:
- 2 eggs
- 60 g of margarine
- 100 g of sugar
- 200 g of cooking chocolate
- 200 g of flour
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- granulated and fine sugar for sprinkling
Preparation of Crinkles with chocolate:
- Melt the margarine, sugar and chocolate in a pot.
- In a plastic bowl, mix 2 eggs, then add the melted chocolate mixture and little by little add the flour mixed with baking powder, and add a pinch of salt.
- The well-kneaded mixture should be left in the refrigerator for about 3 hours, and it is good to leave it overnight to make it as firm as possible.
- Turn on the oven to 170 ° C, and with a small spoon take out the cookies and make balls which you will first roll in granulated sugar and then in fine sugar.
- Place the crinkles in the baking tray on which you first placed the baking paper, and bake them at 170 ° C for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Leave them to cool off.