In Croatia, Granatir has many names: Granadir, Grenadir, Grenadir march, Granadir march, Granatir with pasta… This ultra-simple dish is made of pasta (you can use any type of pasta, like fusilli, macaroni…etc.), and cooked potatoes, stewed onions and ground red pepper. When you mix everything together you will get a very tasty dish with a great aroma, and it is all over in just half an hour. Serve this meal with pickels, they go great along.
Ingredients for Granatir with pasta (for 2 persons):
- 300 g of pasta
- 500 g of potatoes
- half an onion
- ground red pepper
- Peel the potatoes, dice them and boil them in salted water.
- Cook the pasta in another pot.
- When the potatoes are done (they must be cooked well), mash them as if you were making mashed potatoes.
- Stew the chopped onions on the oil, and when the onions are done, turn off the stove and add a teaspoon of ground red pepper. Than add the mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Lastly, add the cooked pasta and once again mix well.
Serve with pickels.