Plums are sweet enough to bake them without any additions, but if you like aromatic taste, try with this recipe. If you bake 2 kg of plums, you will get approximately 1 liter of jam (so you can prepare jars).
Ingredients for Plum Jam:
- 2 kg of plums
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 vanilla sugars
- 1 tablespoon of Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 large spoonful of honey
1. Wash all the plums, cut them in a half and remove the pits.
2. Place the plums in a deep baking pot (casserole), add all the ingredients and stir well.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C (392°F) and put the plums in it.
4. Stir approximately every half hour.
5. Wash the jars well and arrange them in any kind of pan (it is essential that everything fit).
5. Bake the jam until you get the density you want, I bake them 2 hours.
6. When the jam is done, take it out and reduce the oven to 150°C (302°F).
7. You can mash the jam to get smaller pieces.
8. When the oven has reduced to 150°C (302°F), put the jars in it to sterilize them. Keep them in the oven for about 10 minutes.
9. Then turn off the oven (keep it closed so it doesn’t cool off), take the jars outand pour the hot jam into the hot jars using cooking gloves.
10. When all the jars have been properly closed, return them to an oven and allow them to cool slightly overnight. That way they will be pasteurized.