Turopolje pork steak with wide noodles and mushroom sauce is a true classic in continental Croatia. In addition to its excellent taste, it can be made quickly and easily.
Ingredients for Pork Steak ‘Turopolje’ in Champignon Sauce (for 2 persons):
- 500 g of pork leg steak
- 100 g of wide noodles
- 500 ml of cooking cream
- 300 g of champignons
- Salt the pork steaks and beat them a little bit. Cut champignons into slices.
- Quickly fry the steaks in the oil (on each side) and place them on the plate. Put the mushrooms on the remaining oil and fry them lightly.
- Then add the cooking cream and put the steaks in the sauce. Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles.
- When the steaks are soft, remove them from the sauce and place on a separate tray.
Serve warm by placing steaks and wide noodles on a plate and topping with mushroom sauce. You can also serve lettuce with this dish.