Recipe for Carrot Walnut Cake I’ve got from my aunt in Berlin, so I suppose it has German origin. But it is so juicy and delicious that I decided to include it on the blog. I like this Cake when it was warm, but my familiy like it better after 24h in a fridge. You can put sugar glaze on it, but it’s also great without it.
Ingredients for Carrot Walnut Cake (for little baking pan):
- 450 g of carrot
- 100 g of chocolate
- 150 g of walnuts
- 190 g of butter
- 190 g of sugar
- pinch of salt
- grated lemon peel
- vanilla sugar
- 4 eggs
- 100 g of flour
- 100 g of bread crumbs
- 1 baking powder
- Sugar glaze:
- 200 g of powdered sugar
- juice of half a lemon
- First prepare the ingredients by grinding the raw carrots, and chop the chocolate and nuts into small pieces.
- Then, mix the butter and sugar with an electric mixer and add a pinch of salt, lemon peel and vanilla sugar.
- Continue mixing and adding one egg at a time.
- Then mix the flour, baking powder and bread crumbs.
- Finally add grated carrots, chopped chocolate and chopped nuts.
- Coat the baking pan with butter and then sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake the cake at 200 ° C for about 40 – 50 minutes.
- When the cake has cooled slightly, make a glaze by melting 200 g of powdered sugar and a half-lemon juice. If the dressing is too thick, add a tablespoon of water.
Pour warm topping over the cake and garnish it with walnut halves.