Mahune – that is the name of the vegetables in this recipe, in Croatian. I couldn’t find correct name for it in English, I think it’s ‘fine beans’ or ‘green beans’. Although the beans I have in my garden are yellow, I think it’s the same thing as green beans. I add pictures, so you can figure out yourself :)
I hope you gonna enjoy in this recipe, it’s healthy and delicious.
Ingredients for Green Bean Stew:
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 400 g of green (fine) beans
- 200 g of veal steak
- 1 larger carrot
- 1 larger potato
- ground red pepper
- sour cream
- chopped dill
- First of all, wash the beans well.
2. Then cut off the tops on both sides, and cut to a length of a one inch
3. Cut the onion into cubes and saute in a little oil.
4. Also, cut the veal into cubes add it to the onion (together with garlic). Saute everything together (you can also add a little water, and continue to saute for about half an hour).
5. After half an hour, sprinkle everything together with two tbls of flour, a little red pepper and salt, and stir.
6. Add about 1.5 liters of water (maybe 2 liters, depending on how thick you want it to be), and let it simmer.
7. Then add the chopped carrots and potatoes, and the fine beans.
8. Cook everything together for another hour.
9. The dish is ready when the meat and beans are soft enough.
Pour the warm stew into plates and put a spoonful of sour cream in the middle and sprinkle with chopped dill.