Kvrgusa Pie is Bosnian traditional dish. Due to the juicy chicken meat and the crunchy dough that surrounds it, this simple dish is very popular in Croatia as well. When you serve it with sour cream and lettuce, this bumpy chicken pie becomes a tasty and complete lunch that is loved by all generations.
Ingredients for Kvrgusa Pie (2 persons):
- about 800 gr of chicken meat (wings, drumsticks, thighs, breast… about 7 – 8 pieces of chicken meat you like the most)
- 200 gr of flour
- 2,5 dcl of milk
- 180 gr of sour cream
- 2 eggs
Preparation of Kvrgusa Pie:
- Salt chicken meat and fry it for 10 minutes on the oil in the pan (on all sides) and place the oven at 220°C (428°F).
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, flour and milk with an electric mixer and add a pinch of salt.
- Take the baking pan in which you plan to bake Kvrgusa Pie, and pour couple of tablespoons of the oil where you roasted the chicken.
- Then place the baking pan with the oil in the oven to warm it up and let the oil sizzle a little bit, then take it out from the oven and arrange the meat.
- Finally, pour egg, flour and milk mixture around the meat.
- Put everything in the oven for 30 minutes, until the dough turns yellow.
- Then take it out and coat with the sour cream and return to the oven to bake for another 5 – 10 minutes.
Serving Kvrgusa Pie:
When serving, add another tablespoon of sour cream.