Ingredients for ‘Pop in tomorrow again cookies’:
- 1 cup of sour creme (180 g)
- 1 cup (the same size like a cup of sour creme) of pork fat or butter
- cca 3 cups of flour
- Apricot jam
- Powdered sugar
1. Take the sour creme, pork fat or butter (it must be melted or on room temperature) and flour, and mix them all together with your hands until you get a nice smooth dough.
2. Put little bit of flour on your kitchen table and roll out the dough with a rolling pin untill it become thin around 0,5 cm.
3. Cut out the dough with this kind of mold, and put them on backing tray (you can coat it with butter or put baking paper on it).
4. Heat the oven on 392°F (200°C), and bake for around 20 minutes. It is very important to take them out before they became brown, it’s enugh to get a bright yellow color.
5. Cool them off and spread with apricot jam. I’m using this kind of jam because it’s thick enough to hold them together
6. Put the jam on the side of cookie without the hole, then stick the side with the hole on it, and roll them in a powdered sugar.
You can eat these cookies for days because they are greasy enough and will not become dry.