Potato soup with homemade dumplings is a reminder of my childhood because it was one of the few dishes that I loved. I still love it, especially because it can be cooked quickly. For better taste, I add sour cream.
In addition to the simplicity of this soup, the advantage are the modest groceries that you already have at your home.
Ingredients for Potato soup with homemade dumplings:
- 1 onion
- 3 spoons of oil
- 7 spoons of flour
- 1 bigger potato (chopped into cubes)
- 1 egg
- 750 ml of water
- minced red pepper, salt
- Optional: sour cream
- Cut the onion on half and stew it briefly in oil. Add approx 1 tablespoon of flour to the oil and mix it.
- Then pour in water, add salt and little bit of minced red pepper.
- Put potatoes in and let them cook.
- Meanwhile, make the dumplings. Mix one egg in a bowl with a fork and add a flour (spoon by spoon) and mix until a compact mixture is obtained (approximately 6 tablespoons of flour, depends on the size of the egg)
- When the potatoes are cooked, start adding dumplings with a teaspoon in a soup, and let them cook for another 5 minutes:
When you pour soup into plate, add one teaspoon of sour creme.