Ingredients for Šnenokle (for 4 persons)
- 4 eggs
- 8 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 liter of milk
- 1 vanilla sugar
- 2 tablespoons of flour or 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
1. Separate egg yolks from egg whites, and beat the egg whites with mixer until you get a firm snow. At the end of the mixing, add 4 tablespoons of sugar and 1 vanilla sugar.
2. Boil a liter of milk in the pot and start putting egg whites with a tablespoon in a milk.
3. Since there will be a lot of egg white dumplings, you will have to cook them few by few. Each dumpling needs to be boiled for about one minute on each side.
4. When dumplings are cooked, take them out with slotted spoon, and put them in little bowles for pudding, or in one big bowl.
5. When you are done with this, take the bowl with egg yolks. Mix them well with 4 tablespoons of sugar.
6. When you mix them well, add flour or cornstarch, and mix it with the spoon.
7. After that, add few spoons of warm milk, in which you cook egg withes, and mix it well with the mixer.
8. Return the milk back on fire, and let it boil again. Add egg yolk mixture and mix it well until it get thicker.
9. When it’s done, pour yellow egg cream over egg whites, and let it to cool down.